Wednesday, August 03, 2005

1,220 words today

57,458 total.

What is it about Wednesdays? *sigh* I'm totally zoning out today. I'll write a paragraph, or maybe a sentence...and then start looking around, not even paying full attention to my WIP. I can't concentrate. I reached a wall where I can't go, come on, just keep writing...I just don't freakin' feel like it.

But, steady progress is good. I might be able to squeeze out another 800 words and hit my "new" goal of 2k per day, but if not I'm comfortable slipping back to the "at least I wrote 500." Maybe it's because I'm sitting in the chair in the livingroom instead of on the couch where I usually write. I won't be sitting in the chair tomorrow. It's probably only an excuse, a mental thing, but I can't let those things get in the way too much.

I'm thinking it's mostly because I spent HOURS last night tweaking a short story I had--god that takes a lot of concentration. The 7&7 didn't ultimately help, either. So I dreamed, all night, about messing around with different stories. I wish I could remember them.

Tomorrow's goal: get my focus and bang out those 2k words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home