Thursday, July 28, 2005

i love the community budget center

In our small town, the best place to buy a book is Kmart. At least that's what I thought before I strolled into the community budget center. Why didn't I go there before?!?!?!?! 40 books for 11 bucks. And some of them were published within the last 2 years! woo hoooo! Of course I'm a bibliophile. DUH!

I'm on a serious high right now! I used to go to the Arc Thrift Shops in Denver and spend 40 bucks on a cartful of books...pretty much any author or title I've even vaguely heard of (or sounds interesting) I would buy...it was great to get back to that 'stuff your sack' activity of buying books. I don't need to stinkin' Kmart!

I'm a big advocate of buying books at the bookstore; but for those writers who are already rolling in the millions, I'm happy to buy them for 25 cents apiece. (do I even have to tell you how many novels, and how many double-triple-quadruple copies of them, where there by Danielle Steele? Wow. Same for Mr. Koontz and Mr. Chrichton, though not to the same extent),

Another cool thing: I'm not a religious person (I'm one of those people that says, 'I'm spiritual.' lol) , but I love getting copies of tiny books; it's another one of my sicknesses. So I get these tiny copies of The Psalms, the same book but in three different colors, because they're just so darn cute! and the clerk says, "Sorry, can't sell you these." She had to give them to me. That was neat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home