Saturday, August 20, 2005

travel time

I took Friday off from writing because I've been having a lot of trouble getting the words out lately. It felt wrong. So I hope this means on Monday (or Sunday, if I decide to write in the hotel we'll be staying at) the words will come more willingly. I'm not counting on it...I'm imagining an all-out struggle for the next two to three weeks to get the first draft of my first 'real' novel finished. But we'll see.

We're leaving town, just for a day, so my husband can climb a fourteener. I had thought about going with him (I've climbed two myself), but it's a 'practice' for him before he does Longs Peak...and I don't feel like walking 2/3 of the way up a strenuous mountain (Quandary Peak) only to have him meet me on his way down. Don't get me wrong, Quandary is easy for those who are in shape; hence, hard for me. (I haven't done any exercise except walking down the aisles of the grocery store since Grays and Torreys Peaks, which we did in July)

So, here's to relaxation in the hot tub in our hotel, an internet connection, and a free breakfast where I can sit alone and maybe write a few thousand words (or finish editing that short story).

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home