Tuesday, August 16, 2005

2,052 words today

77,366 total.

Ugh. I'm not enjoying myself the last few days. I hate my laptop keyboard. I don't know where the story's going. Everything I'm unsure about that I already wrote bogs down what I'm writing now. There is no vision I'm trying to capture right now; I'm still struggling to see something that's lost in the fog somewhere. I have ideas when I'm not writing, that make me excited, but when I actually start writing it's impossible to visualize them.

But, life will continue, and even if I have another shitty, confusing day tomorrow, at least I'll still be writing.

I didn't set out to write a particularly 'good' book anyway, dammit. It's my first try at a novel, why am I being so hard on myself anyway? I'm learning plenty so, it's not a total loss. I just hope my disillusionment will go away at some point. It's such a downer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home