Monday, September 12, 2005

FIRST DRAFT FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!

I wrote the last few scenes and now the first draft of my first ever completed novel is finished! woo hoo!!! It feels good so far...better than what I thought I'd feel. I know it needs...well, tons of work. It may never be really good, but I can say I've learned a lot about what a book needs to be (because my draft doesn't have it, lol) I'm refusing to think about the revision process right now, I need to feel the joy of really having completed something I set out to do!

Finished FIRST DRAFT:
100,690 words total.

I'm going to put this ms away until October 1, where I'll look at the horror and decide whether I think I can take it on as a revision or not. Honestly, I think I'll need to work out a lot of things, and I've considered taking a different turn in parts of the story...it might need a complete, and I mean complete, rewrite. But I'm not going to think about this now.

The plan now is to continue to work out the ideas/plotline for my second novel, which I'm planning on starting in November for NaNoWriMo. I'm also going to try to write a few short stories, one for a magazine called The First Line. I've been working on the idea for a while, and started the first draft last night when I was feeling guilty for going a whole day without writing (although there have been more of those lately).

Sometime during the next week or so I need to print this first draft out (I've so been looking forward to this!). It will be a test of my will to leave the pages alone for almost a month, but I think I can do it. Shit, I write over 100k words, I think I can leave them alone for a set amount of time! I can do anything! *wink*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home