Thursday, July 21, 2005

Bad news

I haven't written shit today on my WIP and it's already 4 o'clock (good reason to write early in the day, just to get it freakin' done). I did sign myself onto a new forum, AbsoluteWrite, and spent the last hour editing my profile and writing my "hello all i'm me" message, but that's IT. Days like this, I'm constantly thinking of writing in the back of my head, but I'm just not doing it.

Tonight, I won't let myself get away...I'm going away for the weekend and so I HAVE to get something done today...just maybe while my husband is home, which is sometimes difficult. I have this scene I'm going to finish up but I'm not that excited about it, I guess. I may not bang out a couple thousand words, but I will do the 500 that I originally asked of myself when I first started writing this thing. I want to have it done before November so I can participate in NaNoWriMo with a fresh idea and one book under my belt. I found out about NaNoWriMo just a few months ago, and I'm glad I did. This is the kind of thing I need - procrastination and low self-esteem re: writing do NOT go well together! Those two things just kill my drive sometimes... albeit I let them...

I do have excuses though. Not very good ones, but laundry had to be done (at the laundromat). And I had to do the dishes. And most importantly, I woke up late. And in a bad mood. Everything I just wrote I have control over. The only reason I haven't written yet is because I'm simply being lazy today...and my wrists hurt (been dealing with this a couple of years)...but all of this is under my control. Just need to open up that file and start typing. After King of the Hill. I promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home